All volunteer slots are now full for 2019!
Thank you to everyone who volunteered! We rely on volunteers to help us staff NILA and make sure that all of our attendees have a productive and enjoyable time. Volunteering at events is a great opportunity to give back to your community and get to know your SHPE familia.
Some things to consider before you volunteer:
- There will be long days! Volunteer hours typically start at 6:00 AM and end after midnight.
- It’s labor Intensive with a lot of walking, lifting (boxes), and carrying (signage).
- You’ll be expected to maintain a friendly disposition and be knowledgeable about the event.
What will SHPE provide?
- Shared Lodging for Tuesday, July 30 – Sunday, August 4
- Volunteers must arrive on Tuesday, July 30 by 4:00 PM
- Meals – Breakfast, lunch, and dinner starting on Wednesday, July 31
- Volunteers will attend Saturday night gala
- SHPE will not reimburse for meals purchased on own
- 2 NILA Volunteer Shirts (t-shirts must be worn daily)
- A chance to network with sponsoring companies
What will SHPE not provide?
- Travel – NILA volunteers must provide own flight to Phoenix, Arizona
- Airport Transfer – Volunteers need to provide own transportation to/from airport
- NILA CCLP Certification – Volunteers will not be Certified Chapter Leaders
To apply, please email the following documents in one PDF file to NILA.firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (one-page max)
- Letter of recommendation
- Professional recommendation
- Cover letter (one-page max)
- Tell us about your dedication to SHPE and STEM
- What would volunteering at NILA mean to your leadership goals?